How does Kenalog in Orabase® work?
The sticky, moist-wound healing paste holds the corticosteroid in place while creating a protective barrier over the top of your mouth ulcer, helping to prevent further irritation or injury.
With the corticosteroid in constant contact with your painful mouth ulcer or sore and the added benefit of a protective barrier, Kenalog in Orabase® is able to provide rapid relief from soreness and pain, reduce swelling and accelerate the healing process.
Kenalog in Orabase® Triple Action:
- Heals mouth ulcers rapidly
- Relieves pain and inflammation fast
- Protects against rubbing and irritation by forming a protective barrier
Kenalog in Orabase® is also effective in suppressing the recurrence of mouth ulcers.
Who can use Kenalog in Orabase®?
- Kenalog in Orabase® does not have recommended age guidelines in Australia. Speak to your health professional for advice.
When NOT to use Kenalog in Orabase®
Do not use if
- You are pregnant or intend to become pregnant while using the product, unless advised otherwise by your doctor or dentist.
- You are sensitive to triamcinolone acetonide or any of the other ingredients in Kenalog in Orabase® (which include gelatin, pectin, carmellose sodium and plastibase 50W).
- You have an infection in your mouth or throat or if you have tuberculosis, stomach ulcers or diabetes – unless you have discussed its use with your doctor first.
How to use Kenalog in Orabase®
Kenalog in Orabase® is simple to use – all you have to remember is to dab NOT rub the paste onto the sore area in your mouth.
Simple steps to using Kenalog in Orabase®
- Dab a small amount of paste (about 6mm) onto the affected area. Use enough to coat the area with a thin film.
- Do not rub the paste in or try to spread the paste (this may cause a gritty feeling in your mouth and cause the paste to crumble).
- Once the paste is applied correctly, a smooth, slippery film will develop.
For best results apply a coating of Kenalog in Orabase®
- 2-3 times a day (depending on how painful your symptoms are)
- Preferably after meals
- Before bedtime so the steroid can work throughout the night
- Until all your symptoms have resolved.